Deminor regularly seeks new team members, and also offers internship opportunities for students or recently graduated lawyers or economists. You can always apply spontaneously by sending us an email. All applications are treated as strictly confidential.
Deminor Recovery Services is recruiting a Business Developer for its New York office
To strengthen our team and further expand our activities in North America, we are looking for a Business Developer to be based in our New York office.
About Deminor Recovery Services
Deminor helps businesses and investors monetise legal claims, by originating, managing and funding litigations across the globe.
We have three core business practices: (i) “investment recovery”, where we recover losses for investors through group actions on a global basis; (ii) “commercial litigation”, where our funding and support helps businesses actively minimise the risks and costs associated with commercial litigation; and (iii) “antitrust actions”, where we represent companies seeking to recover losses suffered due to cartels and other breaches of competition laws.
Over the last 10 years, Deminor has initiated 32 high-profile cases in 12 different jurisdictions in Europe, Asia and the US, with a success-rate of 80%+.
The current team is made of 25+ members, located in offices in Brussels, London, Luxembourg, Milan, Hong Kong, Montevideo, with one partner travelling on a regular basis to the US.
About the function
As a Business Developer and under the supervision of a partner, you will take the lead in North America in identifying new potential clients, assignments and potential targets for all three Deminor’s business practices.
The function will comprise : contacting selected investors, companies, law firms and insolvency practitioners in North America; preparing and holding presentations to prospective clients and business partners; preliminary analysis of proposed litigation funding projects; and preparing proposals to the investment committee.
You will be based in our New York office from where you will work in close collaboration with all team members.
Required qualifications and experience
- 8+ years of work experience in the legal and/or financial sector in an international environment, ideally with some exposure to litigation.
- Experience in business development, marketing or sales in the legal industry will be considered as an asset.
- You are a native English
- You are a dynamic person with strong commercial/presentation skills, a fast thinker and learner with an entrepreneurial attitude. You are able to take/propose initiatives and to work autonomously in close cooperation with management.
- You are a flexible team player, who likes to be part of an international team of highly motivated professionals.
- You are authorized to work in the US.
Details of the function
- Full time
- Location: Midtown, New York, with frequent travels in North America.
- Attractive fixed salary, variable bonus in function of performance and benefits.
Please send your CV and application letter to : firstname.lastname@example.org